Weg has released a new generation of variable speed drive with state-of-the-art technology for three-phase induction motor control. Aimed at increasing the productivity for its customers, this new line offers the following innovations:
- 200-240V or 380-480V supply voltage
- Plug and Play philosophy (connect and use) permits quick and easy installation of accessories and optionals.
- Man-machine interface (HMI) with backlit graphic display and soft-keys, greatly facilitates variable speed drive programming and operation.
- DC link inductors (symmetrically connected to positive and negative DC link terminals) enable compliance with IEC61000-3-12 standard requirements regarding harmonics (no need for external line reactance).
- Intelligent thermal management permits full protection of IGBTs, monitoring of heatsink and internal air temperature.
- Automatic control of the heatsink fan, with speed sensor (additional protection) easily detachable from the product for cleaning and maintenance.
- Normal Duty and Heavy Duty ratings to adapt optimally to all kinds of load.
- Protections with fault and alarm warnings
- Motor overload protection in compliance with IEC 60947-4-2/UL 508 C
- Memory card built into the standard product allows user to create functions without using external PLC (soft-PLC function – via IEC61131-3 programming software).
- Oriented start-up facilitates initial user programming.
- Real time clock
- TRACE / SCOPE function to assist with the start-up and problems diagnosis.
- Paper Machines
- Overhead Cranes
- Press Feeders